- Athwart welcomes two new associate editors: Ryan Shinkel and Max Bodach!
- Unfortunately, there are no good book sales to alert you to this week.
- "The Soviet Legal Narrative" by Anna Lukina
- "Sex Work and Self-Giving" by Sam Buntz
- "Words Like Windows and Nettles" by Aaron Cummings
- "Politics of Universalism" by Charles Hughes-Huff
- "Postmodern Photography" by Gabriele Sartoris
- "Spiral of Violence" by Dave Atenasio
- "Barbarian Tongues Old and New" by Ian Edward Caveny
- "Scrolling Alone" by Jordan McGillis
- "Falstaff Riseth Up" by Louis Petrich
There are several upcoming episodes with special guests on essays from Sayers, Deleuze, and Strauss! Make sure to subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, via RSS, or any other service where you listen to podcasts!
On Deck Writer Fellowship (Sponsored)
The On Deck Writer Fellowship is an eight-week remote program for internet writers who want to improve their writing and grow an audience. The Fellowship combines:
- Weekly small-group writing workshops facilitated by expert writers and editors from our team to help hone your craft.
- Tactical sessions and guest lectures focused on finding your voice and niche, growing your audience, and monetizing your work. Some of our recent speakers include Marginal Revolution author Tyler Cowen, The Profile author Polina Marinova, Substack's Head of Writer Experience Nadia Eghbal, and Lenny's Newsletter author Lenny Rachitsky.
- An engaged, creative community of incredible writers from around the world to keep you inspired and accountable.
In the words of ODW1 alum Lyle McKeany, "It's not an overstatement to say that ODW has changed the trajectory of my writing life. I know that sounds hyperbolic, but it's not."
We're currently offering special early-bird pricing of $1,990 for our third cohort, which kicks off April 17. Apply here.
- "Taylor Swift: Precarity & PMC" by Max Bodach
We haven't had that many musings as of late, maybe you should pitch us!
Symposium: Toward a Just Political Economy
You can still order a print copy of our print symposium! We have also uploaded essays from the collection to our website. See them below:
- Bradley M. Davis, "Political Economy: To What End?"
- Ahmed al-Dakhil, "Building an Alliance Sacrée: An Abrahamic Framework for a Just Political Economy"
- Elijah del Medigo, "Noted on Judaic Political Economy"
- Joseph Paul Barnas, "Economic Solidarism: A Political Economy for the Family"
- Jonathan Culbreath, "Platonic Marxism: Reconciling Progress & Tradition"
- Chase Padusniak, "Quis habeat cudere monetam?"
- Jason Peirce, "The Past & Future of Liberty: Hayek, Rawls, and Nozick"
- Benjamin V. Miller, "In Defense of Economic Inefficiency"
- Leo Thuman, "Christian Labor"
- Elena Attfield, "A Treaty without Rome: Christendom & the European Union"
- Ryan Peterson, "Doing Equality in America"
- William Lombardo, "A Clearing in the Marketplace"
Join our newsletter to get the latest updates from Athwart.